- This event has passed.
DM Orthotics Dynamic Movement Orthosis Scoliosis Management
January 25, 2018at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The use of dynamic fabric orthoses in the treatment of scoliosis is a relatively new concept and is unique to DM Orthotics. Our pioneering research and study into this area has provided invaluable insight into using dynamic fabric orthoses as an alternative treatment, proven to give positive results and improve the quality of life for the end user.
This course provides in-depth information on the understanding of idiopathic and neuro-physical its causes and how Dynamic Movement Orthoses can be used to treat it. Includes written assessment, follow-up clinics and is valid for two years.
- Developments in Dynamic Movement Orthoses for scoliosis management.
- New research findings.
- Assessment criteria and techniques.
- Prescription criteria for measuring scoliosis patients.
- Measurement standards and issues.
- Standard and non-standard specifications.
- Reinforcement panelling – where and when to prescribe.
- Current therapy practice.
- Completion of and valid DM Orthotics Foundation Course in Assessment, Measuring and Prescription for Dynamic Movement Orthosis.