DM Orthotics Scoliosis Management – West Midlands
January 25at 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
|The Scoliosis Management course is designed to enable candidates to understand the idiopathic and neuro-physiological causes of scoliosis, and the dynamic movement approach to their management.
For this particular course the DMO clinical specialist leading the training is Orthotist Merlin Collier. To contact Merlin you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07714 586155.
|The Scoliosis Management course enables the candidate to gain knowledge and understanding of the dynamic movement approach to the management of idiopathic and neurological scoliosis, and to be competent in:
of specialist DMO scoliosis suits.
|The Scoliosis Management course updates the candidates’ working knowledge of:
· Developments in Dynamic Movement Orthoses (DMO) for Scoliosis Management
· New research
· Assessment criteria and techniques
· Latest prescription criteria for DMO
· Measurement standards and issues
· Awareness of standard and non-standard specifications
· Reinforcements and their prescription
· Current therapy practice
· To be a registered Orthotist, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
· Completion of the Assessment Measurement and Prescription Foundation Course
· Competently prescribing DMO suits for a year
· The Scoliosis Management Course must be updated every 2 years
· Training may require updating prior to the 2 year deadline if clinicians have not prescribed and measured within 1 year of the training.