- This event has passed.
DMO Assessment, Measurement and Prescription (AMP) course – London
February 18at 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
|The AMP DMO foundation course is designed to enable candidates to understand the basic principles of the assessment, prescription and measurement of DMO. It will provide candidates with the knowledge and skills to competently prescribe and measure the appropriate orthoses.
Important venue information: there is no parking available at the venue. Participants are encouraged to get public transport wherever possible with Alperton (Piccadilly Line) the closest underground station.
|The AMP DMO foundation course enables the candidate to gain a knowledge of:·
· Assessment for DMO
· Reinforcements / Non-standard specification
· Fittings and alterations
|The AMP foundation course provides the candidates’ knowledge of:·
· The development of DMO
· The theory and principles behind using DMO
· An understanding of how DMO can be used in therapy practice
· How to assess a patient for DMO
· Principles in how to measure for DMO
· Prescription criteria for DMO
· Awareness of standard and non-standard specifications
· When and where to reinforce the DMO
· How to fit a DMO and how to problem solve fitting issues
|Key Requirements:To be a registered Orthotist, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist|
|· The AMP foundation Course must be updated every 2 years
· Training may require updating prior to the 2 year deadline if clinicians have not prescribed and measured within 1 year of the training.