- This event has passed.
FOUNDATION COURSE IN ASSESSMENT, MEASURING AND PRESCRIPTION FOR DYNAMIC MOVEMENT ORTHOSIS – CORNWALL
June 13at 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
This course is aimed to provide participants with the knowledge to competently assess, measure and prescribe appropriate Dynamic Movement Orthoses for their patients. Includes written and practical assessment, certificate of attendance support clinics and is valid for two years.
- The theory and principles behind using Dynamic Movement Orthoses.
- How Dynamic Movement Orthoses can be used in therapy practice.
- How to assess a patient for Dynamic Movement Orthoses.
- How to measure a patient for Dynamic Movement Orthoses.
- Prescription criteria for Dynamic Movement Orthoses.
- Standard and non-standard specifications.
- Reinforcement panelling – where and when to prescribe.
- To be a registered Orthotist, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided but no lunch. There is a sandwich van on site at approx 11am – 12pm to purchase lunch. Card and cash is acceptable.
- There is free parking on site