Multiple Sclerosis or MS is a neurological condition that impacts the brain as well as the spinal cord and can display a wide range of symptoms (NHS, 2022). These symptoms can centre around issues with your vision, movements in your upper or lower limb as well as your balance (NHS, 2022).
The NHS highlight that the main symptoms of MS are:
· difficulty walking
· vision problems, such as blurred vision
· problems controlling the bladder
· numbness or tingling in different parts of the body
· muscle stiffness and spasms
· problems with balance and co-ordination
· problems with thinking, learning and planning” (NHS, 2022).
You cannot cure MS but there are some options available to help you manage the physical effects of your MS. One of these options is our dynamic movement orthoses®.
Our dynamic movement orthoses® help patients with MS manage the physical effects of their MS by:
· Improved neuro-sensory programming which relates to enhanced proprioception
· Strategic reinforcements to manage high or low tone or related spasticity or tremors
NHS (2022). Overview Multiple Sclerosis. Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/multiple-sclerosis/ Date accessed: [09/03/2023]
Share this post